Better behaved, better connected, happier kids starts with here!!
Kids have a unique way of seeing the world, and it takes more than just my Child Psychology training to understand them… it takes being a grown-up “kid” to connect with them! I want to have fun as much as they do! Sessions are made to be fun, with games, activities, movement, books, arts and crafts… more than just talking!
- Kids have strong feelings that they need to understand and express in healthy ways. I work on helping kids understand themselves and increase awareness of their own feelings.
- Once feelings and thoughts are understood, we will work on ways to communicate needs to adults and other kids.
- Kids will also learn coping skills to handle anxiety, frustration, anger, and sadness in a healthy way!
- We will work on building up frustration tolerance, so kids don’t get so bent out of shape over little things.
- Parents will be taught techniques to better understand, support, cheer up, or calm down their kids. Real tools, real strategies, real results.
- School-based consultation available for kids with failing grades or discipline issues
Adolescence is both awesome and awful, right?! Teens are so wise and insightful (or at least they think so!), but still have so much to learn. If you are worried your teen is struggling with anxiety, depression, failing grades, or unresolved trauma, I can help… in way that your teen won’t hate (eye roll).
Teens need to discover their own strengths, and use those strengths to navigate life. They need to become grounded in who they are, build a positive place for themselves in the world, and not get carried away by the stress of high school!
Teens will work on:
- understanding the impact of their own thoughts on their feelings and behaviors
- learning how to accept the things they cannot change, changing the things they can, and understanding the difference
- tools for coping with stress, alleviating anxiety, and beating depression